An arboretum of pine trees or other conifers for scientific or ornamental purposes.
- ‘Other highlights include the cascade, grotto, pinetum and arboretum.’
- ‘The Pinetum, located between the Visitor Center and the Whitmire Wildflower Garden, is a collection of conifers planted between 1925 and 1927.’
- ‘In the afternoon, we visited the pinetum and a somewhat more natural area adjacent to the conifers.’
- ‘There are many habitats, including woodland, parkland and traditional grazing meadows - and a pinetum where Lord Henniker has planted pine trees from all over the world.’
- ‘Come and create your own 'adventure in a world of trees' at Bedgebury National Pinetum and Forest.’
Mid 19th century: from Latin, from pinus pine + -etum.