One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A vole with dense fur, found chiefly in forests in North America and Eurasia.
- ‘The Bavarian pine vole, last seen in 1962, scurried back into view in 2000.’
- ‘Previous studies show that one of the species, a pine vole, has been extinct in England for the last 400,000 years.’
- ‘Their overall adult body length varies from 3 to 5 1/2 inches in the pine vole, to about 4 1/2 to 7 inches in the meadow and prairie voles.’
- ‘A small number of species thought to have disappeared, such as the Lord Howe Island stick insect and Bavarian pine vole, have been rediscovered since 2000.’
- ‘Pine voles live throughout the eastern half of the United States and favor open woodlands and orchards.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.