One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The edible seed of various pine trees.
- ‘Mix the cocoa with the biscuits, egg yolks, 2 tbsp of the sugar, vanilla and pine nuts.’
- ‘Gently heat the remaining olive oil and add the anchovy fillets, chilli flakes, pepper, parsley, oregano, pine nuts and half the breadcrumbs, heating them briefly.’
- ‘Makanek are cocktail-wiener sized sausages sautéed in olive oil, each one curiously containing one lonely pine nut deep in its centre.’
- ‘When the chard was ready, I drained it in a colander, then put it in a medium bowl, adding in half a cup of ricotta, the drained raisins and the pine nuts.’
- ‘Now well known, the mixture of olive oil enriched with pine nuts and basil, is used everywhere and in everything.’
- ‘Place the remaining flour, pine nuts, and breadcrumbs in large, shallow bowl.’
- ‘Pumpkin seeds are not essential here; sunflower seeds or pine nuts are just as good.’
- ‘My friend and I tried the spaghetti with roasted garlic, parsley, pine nuts, chilies and olive oil.’
- ‘Roughly chop the beetroot and whiz it in a food processor or blender with the garlic, pine nuts, grated Parmesan and sea salt.’
- ‘Mix the steamed couscous with the pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, herbs and lemon juice and check the seasoning.’
- ‘Pesto is made with basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan and pine nuts.’
- ‘In the seafood category, my favorite was the seared tuna, which came with a tangy caponata made with eggplant, pine nuts, and white raisins.’
- ‘Put the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor with a little salt and pepper.’
- ‘In one case, the fried fillet is moored in a thrilling, tart sesame-tahini paste studded with browned onion, garlic and pine nuts.’
- ‘Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and lemon juice.’
- ‘A stuffing with pine nuts and raisins, a gravy enriched with Madeira or Cognac, a joint of meat roasted on sprigs of bay and citrus fruit all fill the air with the unmistakable scent of Christmas.’
- ‘As for my risotto, I ordered the one featured in one of the blurbs on the door - chicken, porcini and pine nuts.’
- ‘We also split a plate of grilled sardines on a bed of dandelion greens with fennel, pine nuts, and capers.’
- ‘Spoon on to a plate and scatter with the toasted pine nuts the reserved thyme leaves.’
- ‘Studded with pine nuts and Asian spices, it was truly delicious.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.