One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The edible seed of various pine trees.
- ‘Spoon on to a plate and scatter with the toasted pine nuts the reserved thyme leaves.’
- ‘As for my risotto, I ordered the one featured in one of the blurbs on the door - chicken, porcini and pine nuts.’
- ‘Studded with pine nuts and Asian spices, it was truly delicious.’
- ‘A stuffing with pine nuts and raisins, a gravy enriched with Madeira or Cognac, a joint of meat roasted on sprigs of bay and citrus fruit all fill the air with the unmistakable scent of Christmas.’
- ‘In the seafood category, my favorite was the seared tuna, which came with a tangy caponata made with eggplant, pine nuts, and white raisins.’
- ‘Mix the cocoa with the biscuits, egg yolks, 2 tbsp of the sugar, vanilla and pine nuts.’
- ‘Pumpkin seeds are not essential here; sunflower seeds or pine nuts are just as good.’
- ‘My friend and I tried the spaghetti with roasted garlic, parsley, pine nuts, chilies and olive oil.’
- ‘Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and lemon juice.’
- ‘In one case, the fried fillet is moored in a thrilling, tart sesame-tahini paste studded with browned onion, garlic and pine nuts.’
- ‘Makanek are cocktail-wiener sized sausages sautéed in olive oil, each one curiously containing one lonely pine nut deep in its centre.’
- ‘Put the basil, garlic and pine nuts in a food processor with a little salt and pepper.’
- ‘Place the remaining flour, pine nuts, and breadcrumbs in large, shallow bowl.’
- ‘Pesto is made with basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan and pine nuts.’
- ‘Now well known, the mixture of olive oil enriched with pine nuts and basil, is used everywhere and in everything.’
- ‘Roughly chop the beetroot and whiz it in a food processor or blender with the garlic, pine nuts, grated Parmesan and sea salt.’
- ‘Mix the steamed couscous with the pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, herbs and lemon juice and check the seasoning.’
- ‘When the chard was ready, I drained it in a colander, then put it in a medium bowl, adding in half a cup of ricotta, the drained raisins and the pine nuts.’
- ‘We also split a plate of grilled sardines on a bed of dandelion greens with fennel, pine nuts, and capers.’
- ‘Gently heat the remaining olive oil and add the anchovy fillets, chilli flakes, pepper, parsley, oregano, pine nuts and half the breadcrumbs, heating them briefly.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.