One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A marten with a dark brown coat, a yellowish throat, and a bushy tail.
- ‘A pine marten rested high above our heads while a gaggle of monkeys swung through the very highest branches where the occasional owl perched imperiously on guard.’
- ‘Why is the pine marten, a protected species, being allowed to threaten an endangered species?’
- ‘Bears, coyotes, and pine martens, for example, frequently ingest berries when available and then move the seeds considerable distances by virtue of their large territories.’
- ‘Although many think the species is a type of bird, the pine marten is actually a bushy-tailed and foxy-faced tree-climbing mammal, similar to a ferret - but as big as a cat.’
- ‘As well as being extremely rare, the pine marten - a member of the weasel family - is a shy creature that would seek to avoid humans.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.