One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for wheelhouse
- ‘Six sensors provide 240 degrees of IR imagery to three displays in the pilot house of the vessel.’
- ‘Duke moved to the pilot house armed with a flashlight and a revolver with only three rounds.’
- ‘The head of the city's transportation department says a crew member testified that the captain was not near the pilot house when the ferry crashed, as his lawyer has alleged.’
- ‘While it has two salon/lounges and a separate sun deck/bar, the Dancer has only a small sitting area above its main deck around the pilot house.’
- ‘Scanning the boat from that distance she made out David's visible mark of identification coming out from the pilot house to the cockpit.’
- ‘He will likely face questions about whether he was in the pilot house with Smith at the time of the crash.’
- ‘Jim reached for the hatch that led to the pilot house.’
- ‘‘Lieutenant Braddock, please report to the pilot house,’ the internal address system announced.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.