One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for wheelhouse
- ‘Six sensors provide 240 degrees of IR imagery to three displays in the pilot house of the vessel.’
- ‘‘Lieutenant Braddock, please report to the pilot house,’ the internal address system announced.’
- ‘Duke moved to the pilot house armed with a flashlight and a revolver with only three rounds.’
- ‘Jim reached for the hatch that led to the pilot house.’
- ‘The head of the city's transportation department says a crew member testified that the captain was not near the pilot house when the ferry crashed, as his lawyer has alleged.’
- ‘Scanning the boat from that distance she made out David's visible mark of identification coming out from the pilot house to the cockpit.’
- ‘While it has two salon/lounges and a separate sun deck/bar, the Dancer has only a small sitting area above its main deck around the pilot house.’
- ‘He will likely face questions about whether he was in the pilot house with Smith at the time of the crash.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.