One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We hold pilotage to be a service to the shipowner and general public to ensure that safety is put before profit.’
- ‘We know how many river users are appalled at the way pilotage is being run and who are genuinely frightened to use the Humber without an experienced navigator.’
- ‘An Electronic Flight Information System provides primary pilotage and navigation displays for the aircrew.’
- ‘Evasive action after the bombing was also under the pilotage navigator's direction.’
- ‘Aimed at improving your sailing, it covers pilotage and navigation in tidal waters, selecting and reefing sails, interpreting shipping forecasts, mooring and dealing with emergencies.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.