One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We hold pilotage to be a service to the shipowner and general public to ensure that safety is put before profit.’
- ‘We know how many river users are appalled at the way pilotage is being run and who are genuinely frightened to use the Humber without an experienced navigator.’
- ‘Evasive action after the bombing was also under the pilotage navigator's direction.’
- ‘Aimed at improving your sailing, it covers pilotage and navigation in tidal waters, selecting and reefing sails, interpreting shipping forecasts, mooring and dealing with emergencies.’
- ‘An Electronic Flight Information System provides primary pilotage and navigation displays for the aircrew.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.