One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The material will be used to make sheets and pillowslips.’
- ‘There was a pack of them gathered around the Sale table, squawking over pillowslips and linen tablecloths like magpies over a sandwich crust.’
- ‘I wonder how many people are conned like this in this hotel, I wonder indeed if the pillowslips she showed were the ones from my room or just a prop to make some money.’
- ‘But like so many other photographically illustrated quilt tops and pillowslips made around the turn of the twentieth century by anonymous, untraceable amateurs, we can never know the whole story.’
- ‘It's amazing to think they've been in my attic all this time in an old pillowslip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.