One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A removable cloth cover for a pillow.
- ‘I sat there in my king sized bed with my favorite green cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘All sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers, and any blankets should be washed weekly.’
- ‘Wool from sheep is woven into colorful fabrics that are then used for pillowcases, covers, blankets, carpets, and bags.’
- ‘Egyptian cottons are used to create bedding of all types from sheets to pillowcases to comforters.’
- ‘Her bed was covered in black sheets and pillowcases with a pink Hello Kitty design on the bedspread.’
- ‘I tossed a blanket on the bed and put a new pillowcase on the pillow.’
- ‘The wallpaper around them was a textured red with speckles of gold, but a gaudy look was avoided with the neutral silk, cream bedspreads, pillowcases and curtains.’
- ‘Frequent changing and washing of pillowcases, bed linen and sheets keeps the dust mite population in the bedroom to tolerable levels.’
- ‘Children also should not share eyedrops, tissues, eye makeup, washcloths, towels, or pillowcases with other people.’
- ‘Store your quilt in a pillowcase or sheet, or roll it onto a muslin-covered tube.’
- ‘One of my favourite fantasies is to have clean, fresh-air-dried sheets, and starched and ironed pillowcases and duvet cover, every day.’
- ‘She made the bed over again, turning the sheets and pillowcases inside out, fluffing the pillows.’
- ‘Wash sheets, pillowcases and blankets at least once a week.’
- ‘She had hot pink sheets, with matching pillowcases, as well as a dark purple comforter, and lavender throw pillow.’
- ‘The bed she was in had sheets and pillowcases made out of gold silks, and the most comfortable down blanket that she ever felt.’
- ‘The mangling process is simply passing linens - sheets, tablecloths, pillowcases and the like - between rollers subjected to a very considerable weight to smooth them out.’
- ‘I was sweating so profusely that the sheets and the pillowcases were soaked.’
- ‘On the eye-level shelf, fitted double sheets lie in one pile, single flat sheets in another, pillowcases in a third.’
- ‘The bottom sheet was a dark indigo color, along with my duvet cover and pillowcases.’
- ‘She called up to Noelle to dump all the pillowcases and bed sheets downstairs, so I could take them to the Laundromat.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.