Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A decorative pillowcase for covering a pillow when it is not in use.
- ‘Ametex Fabrics, for instance, has introduced body cloths - lightweight allover textured woven fabrics that traditionally are used in upholstered products - for use in duvets, pillow shams and bed skirts.’
- ‘She recently loaded her car trunk with 30 yards of a pretty yellow-and-blue plaid out of which she fashioned window treatments, pillow shams, bed curtains, and a bed skirt for her youngest son's room.’
- ‘If you don't sew, you probably know someone who could do this for you - it's only slightly trickier than making a pillow sham, mainly because of the amount and stiffness of the fabric.’
- ‘The sheets and pillow shams are machine washable.’
- ‘Store extra blankets in pillow shams that you can set on sofas and beds.’
- ‘I mean, I've never bought a house or a boat or even a set of pillow shams to match the curtains.’
- ‘In 1972, Sears, Roebuck and Company contracted with the local quilting cooperative to produce low-priced corduroy pillow shams.’
- ‘The neutral-colored pillow shams and coverlet contrast with the white paisley duvet and make the king-size platform bed less imposing.’
- ‘Jessica's window valances were created out of extra pillow shams and some ball fringe purchased by the yard at Hobby Lobby.’
- ‘A quilt bedspread with matching pillow shams and a bed skirt’
- ‘The party look features a brightly colored quilt and pillow shams pieced together from Indian saris.’
- ‘The sheets, pillow shams and bed skirt feature repeated prints of the number 8 and Dale's name against a white or tan background.’
- ‘Items such as reversible comforters and subdued plaid pillow shams paired with wilder floral duvets offer coordination without blandness.’
- ‘But the duo didn't have a lot of clients, so Siegl also sewed projects - pillow shams, curtains, bed skirts, duvet covers - for a friend's interior design clients.’
- ‘A Paint-It Board, which is used for T-shirts and sweats, was placed inside the pillow sham at the bottom through the zipper on the back.’
- ‘I discover that the flannel sheets that my mom got me for Christmas aren't, in fact, flannel sheets, but a flannel pillow sham and duvet cover.’
- ‘Each pillow sham features three beautiful hearts.’
- ‘The quilted pillow shams, pillows, and throws complete a lovely bedding set of toile.’
- ‘Using 400 thread count 100% cotton to create the duvet and pillow shams, the Twig design in bright blue peacock or cocoa, uses a solid background to highlight the large graphic of a tree.’
- ‘The pillow shams and bed skirt match one side of the comforter and coordinate with the other side. This microfiber choice is a great way to stretch your bedding dollar.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.