One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A decorative pillowcase for covering a pillow when it is not in use.
- ‘The pillow shams and bed skirt match one side of the comforter and coordinate with the other side. This microfiber choice is a great way to stretch your bedding dollar.’
- ‘I mean, I've never bought a house or a boat or even a set of pillow shams to match the curtains.’
- ‘Each pillow sham features three beautiful hearts.’
- ‘The neutral-colored pillow shams and coverlet contrast with the white paisley duvet and make the king-size platform bed less imposing.’
- ‘The quilted pillow shams, pillows, and throws complete a lovely bedding set of toile.’
- ‘Ametex Fabrics, for instance, has introduced body cloths - lightweight allover textured woven fabrics that traditionally are used in upholstered products - for use in duvets, pillow shams and bed skirts.’
- ‘The party look features a brightly colored quilt and pillow shams pieced together from Indian saris.’
- ‘She recently loaded her car trunk with 30 yards of a pretty yellow-and-blue plaid out of which she fashioned window treatments, pillow shams, bed curtains, and a bed skirt for her youngest son's room.’
- ‘The sheets and pillow shams are machine washable.’
- ‘A quilt bedspread with matching pillow shams and a bed skirt’
- ‘Items such as reversible comforters and subdued plaid pillow shams paired with wilder floral duvets offer coordination without blandness.’
- ‘Store extra blankets in pillow shams that you can set on sofas and beds.’
- ‘A Paint-It Board, which is used for T-shirts and sweats, was placed inside the pillow sham at the bottom through the zipper on the back.’
- ‘Using 400 thread count 100% cotton to create the duvet and pillow shams, the Twig design in bright blue peacock or cocoa, uses a solid background to highlight the large graphic of a tree.’
- ‘But the duo didn't have a lot of clients, so Siegl also sewed projects - pillow shams, curtains, bed skirts, duvet covers - for a friend's interior design clients.’
- ‘The sheets, pillow shams and bed skirt feature repeated prints of the number 8 and Dale's name against a white or tan background.’
- ‘If you don't sew, you probably know someone who could do this for you - it's only slightly trickier than making a pillow sham, mainly because of the amount and stiffness of the fabric.’
- ‘In 1972, Sears, Roebuck and Company contracted with the local quilting cooperative to produce low-priced corduroy pillow shams.’
- ‘Jessica's window valances were created out of extra pillow shams and some ball fringe purchased by the yard at Hobby Lobby.’
- ‘I discover that the flannel sheets that my mom got me for Christmas aren't, in fact, flannel sheets, but a flannel pillow sham and duvet cover.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.