One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lava which has solidified as rounded masses, characteristic of eruption under water.
- ‘Below water this has cooled and solidified into a reef of billowing pillow lava that splurges across the sand, leaving deep undercuts, caves and arches.’
- ‘The ophiolitic rocks comprise a complete ophiolite stratigraphy: i.e. ultramafic cumulates, gabbro, sheeted dykes, pillow lava and local chert and limestone.’
- ‘The upper flow unit is well exposed in the Prospect Park quarry and is made up of three types of lava flow structures: massive, columnar basalt, subaqueous, pahoehoe flow lobes, and bedded pillow lava.’
- ‘The group includes melange which consists of greywacke, limestone, pillow lava, gabbro and serpentenite blocks in a black shale matrix.’
- ‘Three pillow lava sites yielded data with westerly declinations and moderately inclined positive inclinations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.