One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A long sharp knife or weapon.
- ‘The same is true of the world's most famous knife which, all due respect to the late Mr. Bowie notwithstanding, is a hollow-handle, saw-tooth pigsticker made by the late Jimmy Lile.’
- ‘You'll be able to do more serious prying with the western pigsticker.’
- ‘The first is a heavy mortise chisel, of the variety affectionately called a ‘pigsticker’.’
- ‘I have a dog, and a nice sharp pigsticker just in case I come across someone with the case of the stupids.’
- ‘When spearfishing I carry the pigsticker on the leg.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.