Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A pen or enclosure for a pig or pigs.
complete mess, pigstyView synonyms
- ‘Tables are jumbled together pigpen style, turning eavesdropping into a kind of spectator event.’
- ‘Mitch emphasized each their, adding his own secret meaning while the shots devoured this pigpen melee of design.’
- ‘There's a horse in the pigpen, the pigs are in the chicken coop, and the hens are in the doghouse.’
- ‘Students will sit on the benches arranged in a semi-circle around the pigpen in order to visit the smartest animal on the farm the pig!’
- ‘It all happened during lunchtime in the usually crowded pigpen of a canteen.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.