- ‘The other expensive thing is pignolis but you only officially need 1 / 8th of a cup, the toasted 1 / 3rd of a cup is optional.’
- ‘Also called Indian nut, piñon, pignoli and pignolia this high-fat nut comes from several varieties of pine trees.’
- ‘Pine nuts can be found in bulk in nut shops and health-food stores, and packaged in many supermarkets.’
- ‘Pinoli, Pignoli or Pine Nuts are easily available in Tuscany.’
- ‘Further additions often include raisins and pignoli.’
Italian, plural of pignolo, from pigna pine cone from Latin pinea.