One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Pine nuts can be found in bulk in nut shops and health-food stores, and packaged in many supermarkets.’
- ‘Also called Indian nut, piñon, pignoli and pignolia this high-fat nut comes from several varieties of pine trees.’
- ‘Further additions often include raisins and pignoli.’
- ‘The other expensive thing is pignolis but you only officially need 1 / 8th of a cup, the toasted 1 / 3rd of a cup is optional.’
- ‘Pinoli, Pignoli or Pine Nuts are easily available in Tuscany.’
Italian, plural of pignolo, from pigna ‘pine cone’, from Latin pinea.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.