Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A forest-dwelling Southeast Asian macaque that has a brown coat with pale underparts, dark markings around the face, and a small piglike tail.
- ‘Semi-tamed pig-tailed macaques have been trained by locals to climb trees and throw down coconuts.’
- ‘Other large mammals that have vanished are the leopard, the largest species of deer (the sambar and the barking deer), the pig-tailed macaque, and the wild pig.’
- ‘In recent trials, they tested New World squirrel monkeys and Old World pig-tailed macaques for their olfactory sensitivity to aliphatic alcohols.’
- ‘Langurs and orang-utans are rarely seen, while the pigtail macaque is reportedly found in several parts of the park.’
- ‘Sulawesi's macaques are thought to have evolved from an ancestor of the pig-tailed macaque Macaca nemestrina.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.