One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A forest-dwelling Southeast Asian macaque that has a brown coat with pale underparts, dark markings around the face, and a small piglike tail.
Macaca nemestrina, family Cercopithecidae
- ‘In recent trials, they tested New World squirrel monkeys and Old World pig-tailed macaques for their olfactory sensitivity to aliphatic alcohols.’
- ‘Other large mammals that have vanished are the leopard, the largest species of deer (the sambar and the barking deer), the pig-tailed macaque, and the wild pig.’
- ‘Sulawesi's macaques are thought to have evolved from an ancestor of the pig-tailed macaque Macaca nemestrina.’
- ‘Semi-tamed pig-tailed macaques have been trained by locals to climb trees and throw down coconuts.’
- ‘Langurs and orang-utans are rarely seen, while the pigtail macaque is reportedly found in several parts of the park.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.