One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely stupid or uneducated.‘when I bought my house I was pig-ignorant about the area’
simple-minded, simple, stupid, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, dull-witted, dull, dim-witted, slow-witted, slow, witless, half-witted, feeble-minded, dunce-like, cretinous, empty-headed, vacuous, vapidView synonyms
- ‘Also, as the flatmate in question is Italian, my pig-ignorant English-speaker status was not an undue encumbrance as his friends were used to speaking to him in English.’
- ‘If you are a tabloid-fuelled, pig-ignorant mob participant, please do not read any further.’
- ‘We expect the security employed on the doors of our establishments to be, by and large, pig-ignorant and irrational with quick tempers and heavy fists.’
- ‘The man persists in writing about the Middle East when he is pig-ignorant on the subject, and he is shameless in distorting reporting he doesn't approve of.’
- ‘This on-line cab drivers' convention ranges from the brilliant to the pig-ignorant and has always seemed somehow complete without my help.’
- ‘It is quite obvious to anyone who reads any of the words on the site that it is a piece of comment on the country's tabloid-fuelled, pig-ignorant mob culture.’
- ‘I got into a silly argument about this today; my own fault for engaging in ‘current events’ with a pig-ignorant taxi driver.’
- ‘And the truly terrifying thing is that they're so pig-ignorant they probably think they're being funny.’
- ‘You truly are a pig-ignorant, foul-mouthed, drivelling half-wit.’
- ‘Because recorder players are resolutely pig-ignorant where string instruments are concerned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.