One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Extremely stupid or uneducated.‘when I bought my house I was pig-ignorant about the area’
simple-minded, simple, stupid, idiotic, moronic, imbecilic, dull-witted, dull, dim-witted, slow-witted, slow, witless, half-witted, feeble-minded, dunce-like, cretinous, empty-headed, vacuous, vapidView synonyms
- ‘The man persists in writing about the Middle East when he is pig-ignorant on the subject, and he is shameless in distorting reporting he doesn't approve of.’
- ‘I got into a silly argument about this today; my own fault for engaging in ‘current events’ with a pig-ignorant taxi driver.’
- ‘And the truly terrifying thing is that they're so pig-ignorant they probably think they're being funny.’
- ‘You truly are a pig-ignorant, foul-mouthed, drivelling half-wit.’
- ‘If you are a tabloid-fuelled, pig-ignorant mob participant, please do not read any further.’
- ‘It is quite obvious to anyone who reads any of the words on the site that it is a piece of comment on the country's tabloid-fuelled, pig-ignorant mob culture.’
- ‘This on-line cab drivers' convention ranges from the brilliant to the pig-ignorant and has always seemed somehow complete without my help.’
- ‘We expect the security employed on the doors of our establishments to be, by and large, pig-ignorant and irrational with quick tempers and heavy fists.’
- ‘Because recorder players are resolutely pig-ignorant where string instruments are concerned.’
- ‘Also, as the flatmate in question is Italian, my pig-ignorant English-speaker status was not an undue encumbrance as his friends were used to speaking to him in English.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.