One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rate of payment for piecework.
- ‘For example, assembly-line workers in a piece-rate compensation system may adapt their work strategies over time in response to reinforcement.’
- ‘Here, powerful subcontractors hired and fired labourers on a piece-rate basis to perform specified tasks.’
- ‘The simplest was the coming of a piece-rate system whereby workers contracted for completion in the short-term of a unit of work, such as cane cutting, loading, irrigating, or any number of other agricultural functions.’
- ‘Those who worked in sweat shops worked harder and harder but then had their piece rate wages lowered.’
- ‘Weavers thus stand to earn much more in the union sector because they work in export factories, which pay a higher piece rate than subcontractors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.