One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As with much of Austria, the town is picturesquely set against mountains and ripe with street cafes and surrounding areas that look like something out of the movie Heidi.’
- ‘The hall, which had been picturesquely decorated by the officers and a few of the inmates, presented a bright and festive appearance.’
- ‘These sturdy wooden boats mingle picturesquely alongside the quay, while they are relieved of their morning's catch or stocked with sacks of spices.’
- ‘The province's second largest city, Ottawa, Canada's capital, is picturesquely nestled at the junction of three rivers.’
- ‘His open-ended naturalistic renditions of nature are the product of the mind of this philosopher-artist who layers paint more thoughtfully than picturesquely, and more emotionally than rationally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.