One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The hall, which had been picturesquely decorated by the officers and a few of the inmates, presented a bright and festive appearance.’
- ‘The province's second largest city, Ottawa, Canada's capital, is picturesquely nestled at the junction of three rivers.’
- ‘As with much of Austria, the town is picturesquely set against mountains and ripe with street cafes and surrounding areas that look like something out of the movie Heidi.’
- ‘His open-ended naturalistic renditions of nature are the product of the mind of this philosopher-artist who layers paint more thoughtfully than picturesquely, and more emotionally than rationally.’
- ‘These sturdy wooden boats mingle picturesquely alongside the quay, while they are relieved of their morning's catch or stocked with sacks of spices.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.