One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large window consisting of one pane of glass, typically in a living room.
- ‘To the right, the dual aspect living room overlooks the front garden through a bay window and has a picture window to the back.’
- ‘It is fitted with built-in floor and wall presses, is decorated in yellow and is well lit by a large picture window overlooking the inner courtyard.’
- ‘A large picture window allows for excellent views of the rear garden.’
- ‘A large picture window overlooks the gardens and beyond.’
- ‘Even the view from the picture window in the golf shop is stunning.’
- ‘There is a large picture window that gives good views of the back garden.’
- ‘In the living room, an outsize picture window offers a panoramic view of hills to the north.’
- ‘It also had superb views from its massive picture window and masses of storage space.’
- ‘A kid's mural of dolphins and fish graces the wall, and a big picture window overlooks the water.’
- ‘This bright room has a picture window overlooking the front garden and double doors at the back of the room leading out to a sun terrace.’
- ‘To the front of the house, the living room is a spacious area decorated in peach and well lit by a picture window with garden views.’
- ‘At the moment the house has a living room with a large picture window with a view of Dublin Bay, a dining room, kitchen/breakfast room and study.’
- ‘The bedroom to the rear has both a Velux window and a picture window overlooking the garden, while the bedroom to the front has doors leading to a railed balcony.’
- ‘The drawing room has a picture window overlooking the front garden and French doors to the side, while the dining area enjoys a dual aspect.’
- ‘Inside, a spacious reception hall leads through to a drawing room with a large picture window overlooking the front garden.’
- ‘A picture window offers great views over the neighbouring golf club and beyond to both the Sugarloaf and the Dublin mountains.’
- ‘Before looking at Bob, he looked through the picture window at the stunning view of Manhattan.’
- ‘A picture window overlooks the side garden and double doors lead out to the back garden.’
- ‘Double doors at the back of the room lead to the dining room, which has parquet flooring and a large picture window with views of the back garden.’
- ‘The living room also has a picture window with views over the front garden, while the dining room has French doors leading to the back garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.