One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large window consisting of one pane of glass, typically in a living room.
- ‘Inside, a spacious reception hall leads through to a drawing room with a large picture window overlooking the front garden.’
- ‘It also had superb views from its massive picture window and masses of storage space.’
- ‘The drawing room has a picture window overlooking the front garden and French doors to the side, while the dining area enjoys a dual aspect.’
- ‘There is a large picture window that gives good views of the back garden.’
- ‘A large picture window overlooks the gardens and beyond.’
- ‘The living room also has a picture window with views over the front garden, while the dining room has French doors leading to the back garden.’
- ‘To the front of the house, the living room is a spacious area decorated in peach and well lit by a picture window with garden views.’
- ‘The bedroom to the rear has both a Velux window and a picture window overlooking the garden, while the bedroom to the front has doors leading to a railed balcony.’
- ‘It is fitted with built-in floor and wall presses, is decorated in yellow and is well lit by a large picture window overlooking the inner courtyard.’
- ‘A picture window offers great views over the neighbouring golf club and beyond to both the Sugarloaf and the Dublin mountains.’
- ‘Before looking at Bob, he looked through the picture window at the stunning view of Manhattan.’
- ‘In the living room, an outsize picture window offers a panoramic view of hills to the north.’
- ‘Double doors at the back of the room lead to the dining room, which has parquet flooring and a large picture window with views of the back garden.’
- ‘To the right, the dual aspect living room overlooks the front garden through a bay window and has a picture window to the back.’
- ‘A picture window overlooks the side garden and double doors lead out to the back garden.’
- ‘At the moment the house has a living room with a large picture window with a view of Dublin Bay, a dining room, kitchen/breakfast room and study.’
- ‘Even the view from the picture window in the golf shop is stunning.’
- ‘A large picture window allows for excellent views of the rear garden.’
- ‘This bright room has a picture window overlooking the front garden and double doors at the back of the room leading out to a sun terrace.’
- ‘A kid's mural of dolphins and fish graces the wall, and a big picture window overlooks the water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.