One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A movie theater.
movie theatre, movie houseView synonyms
- ‘Although he has lived in Australia for 30 years, he will never forget his trips to the picture palace.’
- ‘Eventually, however, the picture palaces began to lose their pulling power and bingo started taking over.’
- ‘This was a fascinating journey tracing the history of cinema, from humble beginnings in small local halls to the splendid picture palaces that graced almost every High Street in the land.’
- ‘Tonight's unique fireworks display, reflected against the wall of the old building, will be the highlight of a grand goodbye to what was once the town's most splendid picture palace.’
- ‘Such disregard for the traditions of the picture palace was hard to take.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.