One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Although partial melting of lherzolitic mantle can produce a range of basaltic magmas, it is also the case that basalts may be the end products of fractional crystallisation of primary picritic magmas.’
- ‘The picritic lavas and cumulates drilled in westernmost Victoria are compositionally very similar, with low TiO 2.’
- ‘Farther east, the abundance of rift tholeiites and associated high-temperature picritic lavas suggests proximity to break-up and formation as part of a Neoproterozoic SDRS package.’
- ‘Cretaceous and lower Palaeocene sediments partly covered by Palaeocene-Eocene picritic and basaltic lavas are exposed in the Nuussuaq Basin on the island of Disko and the peninsulas of Nuussuaq and Svartenhuk.’
- ‘The nephelinites are conformably overlain by picrites and picritic basalts of the Letaba Formation, although in the southern Lebombo the picrites directly overlie the Clarens Formation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.