One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small mobile phone base station connected to the phone network via the Internet, typically used to improve mobile phone reception indoors and considered to be smaller than a microcell.‘the system uses low-power picocells throughout the building’
- ‘The signals from the mobile telephone went first to a "picocell" inside the aircraft, next to a computer server that routed them through the satellite communications network to the ground, and finally to ground-based telephone networks.’
- ‘The system uses a small picocell in the plane's cabin.’
- ‘The gear will be very little more than a simple picocell on board the aircraft.’
- ‘The systems work by installing a base station—called a picocell—on the aircraft itself.’
- ‘Does the picocell contain a jammer which blocks out these other cells?’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.