Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small mobile phone base station connected to the phone network via the Internet, typically used to improve mobile phone reception indoors and considered to be smaller than a microcell.‘the system uses low-power picocells throughout the building’
- ‘The signals from the mobile telephone went first to a "picocell" inside the aircraft, next to a computer server that routed them through the satellite communications network to the ground, and finally to ground-based telephone networks.’
- ‘The system uses a small picocell in the plane's cabin.’
- ‘The gear will be very little more than a simple picocell on board the aircraft.’
- ‘The systems work by installing a base station—called a picocell—on the aircraft itself.’
- ‘Does the picocell contain a jammer which blocks out these other cells?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.