Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A narrow hinge with a pin of the same length as the movable part.
- ‘To join the framed artwork together, I used piano hinges.’
- ‘This allowed me to attach both frames using one long piano hinge.’
- ‘Elevators and rudders were mounted on anti-friction bearings, trim tabs were mounted on piano hinges.’
- ‘Another large work is like the skeletal outline of a cupboard, constructed of white-painted wood, glass and piano hinges.’
- ‘He said they were putting the trim and piano hinge on and would have it for us by 5: 00 pm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.