One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A narrow hinge with a pin of the same length as the movable part.
- ‘To join the framed artwork together, I used piano hinges.’
- ‘Another large work is like the skeletal outline of a cupboard, constructed of white-painted wood, glass and piano hinges.’
- ‘Elevators and rudders were mounted on anti-friction bearings, trim tabs were mounted on piano hinges.’
- ‘This allowed me to attach both frames using one long piano hinge.’
- ‘He said they were putting the trim and piano hinge on and would have it for us by 5: 00 pm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.