One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Artistry or technical skill in playing the piano, or in composing piano music.
- ‘Although he is not the ‘star’ here, his assured pianism ensures that he isn't merely pushed to one side.’
- ‘It was followed by an explosively dazzling Liszt Hungarian Rhapsody No 11, which affirmed her purposeful and communicative pianism.’
- ‘Without doubt his work as a composer had a great impact upon his tremendous pianism.’
- ‘Here was truly happy music, and happy pianism, bright and optimistic, sensitive (as throughout this concert) to the detail of Beethoven's markings.’
- ‘Extrovert and virtuosic, he is always in control of this difficult music and his pianism is overflowing with that Russian passion which stirs both mind and spirit.’
- ‘Hard edged pianism, sudden long pauses, and loud climaxes were the order of the day.’
- ‘It was by their pianism that we were to judge their artistry.’
- ‘While this CD probably is intended for a more specialized clientele, few would fail to respond to the appeal of such pianism.’
- ‘His sensitive pianism brought musical depth and color to the score.’
- ‘He is a living dream of pianism, having broken through an expressive barrier that other players do not know exists.’
- ‘So resourceful is his prismatic pianism that no line is denied its fully fluid dynamic status, assuaging each as he does with a thousand shades of affect.’
- ‘His pianism is outstanding, phrasing is supple, and rhythms are alert and buoyant.’
- ‘All in all, though, this CD contains provocative and often sublime pianism.’
- ‘Her pianism has a place in anyone's collection.’
- ‘Here, the pianism is more subjective and less splashy.’
- ‘Even so, he could sweep the listener off his feet with the excitement of his pianism.’
- ‘His lackluster music making and routine pianism will hardly impress anyone who has heard far superior pianists of the same age.’
- ‘His Rachmaninoff group brought some of the most purely beautiful pianism in recent seasons.’
- ‘In terms of pianism Mishka was astounding for a girl her age for her balancing of chords, awareness of phrasing, sense of rhythm and overall technical command.’
- ‘That, to my mind, is the most extraordinary thing about this unique disc which, I believe, any lover of great pianism owes it to himself to hear.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.