One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the health of plants, especially with respect to the requirements of international trade.‘a point-of-origin phytosanitary certificate’
- ‘On the sanitary and phytosanitary assessment that the United States government was conducting on imported vegetables from Zambia, Dr Mwila said some experts were recently in the US to look at ways of speeding up the process.’
- ‘Most African countries and others from the Least Developed Countries category have been grappling with the issues of sanitary and phytosanitary measures when trying to venture into export markets.’
- ‘He said the commission was considering the main issues surrounding the continued sanitary and phytosanitary ban on the movement of the traditional cattle from rural areas.’
- ‘They have announced a precautionary principle with regard to genetically modified foods, which is very difficult to reconcile with the WTO's sanitary and phytosanitary rules.’
- ‘Further, these countries have practically blocked developing country imports under the stringent norms of sanitary and phytosanitary measures (often more tougher than what is prescribed by Codex Alimentarius).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.