Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of agricultural goods crossing borders) sanitary with regard to pests and pathogens.‘a point-of-origin phytosanitary certificate’
- ‘On the sanitary and phytosanitary assessment that the United States government was conducting on imported vegetables from Zambia, Dr Mwila said some experts were recently in the US to look at ways of speeding up the process.’
- ‘Most African countries and others from the Least Developed Countries category have been grappling with the issues of sanitary and phytosanitary measures when trying to venture into export markets.’
- ‘Further, these countries have practically blocked developing country imports under the stringent norms of sanitary and phytosanitary measures (often more tougher than what is prescribed by Codex Alimentarius).’
- ‘They have announced a precautionary principle with regard to genetically modified foods, which is very difficult to reconcile with the WTO's sanitary and phytosanitary rules.’
- ‘He said the commission was considering the main issues surrounding the continued sanitary and phytosanitary ban on the movement of the traditional cattle from rural areas.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.