One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Plankton consisting of microscopic plants.
- ‘This contrast may be due in part to differences in generation time between phytoplankton and zooplankton.’
- ‘This in turn affects the production of microscopic plants called phytoplankton, which is the main food for the pilchard.’
- ‘Virtually all life in the world's oceans is directly or indirectly dependent on one-celled plants called phytoplankton.’
- ‘In marine sediments marine phytoplankton (floating plants) are widely used in biostratigraphy.’
- ‘This mixing leads to better growing conditions for tiny, free-floating ocean plants called phytoplankton.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.