One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of botany that deals with the geographical distribution of plants.
- ‘It covers aspects related to plant community structure, community function and phytogeography.’
- ‘We have used their guidelines dealing with morphology and phytogeography.’
- ‘All environmentalists, whose work impinges upon phytogeography and ecology, should be familiar with such sources.’
- ‘Based on phytogeography, the Hengchun Peninsula can be separated from the rest of Taiwan by drawing a line through Fengliao, Pingtung County (22°21'39 N, 120°35'16 E) and Tawu, Taitung County (22°21'41 N, 120°54'02 E).’
- ‘According to Linnaeus, Theophrastus is the father of Botany; he is also considered as the founder of several disciplines of plant biology, such as morphology, physiology, taxonomy, phytogeography, seed biology, and plant ecology.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.