One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A solution of salts that is isotonic with the body fluids.
- ‘A hemolysate of red blood cells was prepared by washing a sample of RBCs three times with physiological saline, followed by 1:4 dilution and lysis with distilled water.’
- ‘Previously, it has been shown that even the inhalation of physiological saline leads to a transient drop in FEV 1 in patients with CF.’
- ‘Bacterial suspension was prepared in physiological saline, washed twice and. adjusted to McFarland standard 2.’
- ‘The tail artery was cannulated with an intravenous catheter filled with physiological saline and heparin, and then connected to a pressure transducer (RP - 1500 Narco Biosystem).’
- ‘We then pumped in cold saline to observe the effects on heartbeat as the temperature dropped 20 degrees; and we dripped in various physiological salines to determine whether or not they would stop the heart from beating altogether.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.