One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to physics and chemistry or to physical chemistry.
- ‘Some depend on the physico-chemical differences between the protein and other material (including other proteins).’
- ‘These markers are chosen according to their spectral properties and their physico-chemical reactivities toward UV radiations.’
- ‘The physico-chemical properties of ethanol, particularly its activity as a solvent, may result in disturbances to cellular structures other than DNA.’
- ‘The Mg content of rugose coral skeletons may thus have varied as a reflection of changing physico-chemical parameters in the marine environment through time.’
- ‘Consequently, basic physico-chemical research on the interaction between model lipid systems and surfactants is needed so that poloxamer therapy can be improved rationally.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.