Relating to physics and chemistry or to physical chemistry.
- ‘Consequently, basic physico-chemical research on the interaction between model lipid systems and surfactants is needed so that poloxamer therapy can be improved rationally.’
- ‘The Mg content of rugose coral skeletons may thus have varied as a reflection of changing physico-chemical parameters in the marine environment through time.’
- ‘These markers are chosen according to their spectral properties and their physico-chemical reactivities toward UV radiations.’
- ‘The physico-chemical properties of ethanol, particularly its activity as a solvent, may result in disturbances to cellular structures other than DNA.’
- ‘Some depend on the physico-chemical differences between the protein and other material (including other proteins).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.