One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of theater which emphasizes the use of physical movement, as in dance and mime, for expression.
- ‘McColl's delightful monologue is the most well integrated of the five, assisted by physical theatre and mime.’
- ‘Shared Experience are well-known for their innovative theatre work, especially their preference for embracing new writing and new literary adaptations, then combining these with physical theatre.’
- ‘The summer school will cover drama, movement, clowning, physical theatre, devising and presentation, the students being guided by theatre professionals to help them explore their creativity.’
- ‘On Friday June 15 a unique combination of physical theatre, song and dance comes to the Hawk's Well in the form of ‘The Crooner’.’
- ‘But Orwell's attack on Socialism does not become mired in politics as dance, song and physical theatre are combined to ensure a dramatic pace is kept.’
- ‘Even though we have baptised our theatre as the theatre of energy, we mix physical theatre with conventional theatre.’
- ‘Disciplines include children's theatre, film, comedy, drama, physical theatre, dance, cabaret, visual art, performance poetry, music theatre, and the full scope of music genres.’
- ‘This is a quietly passionate and gently moving piece of theatre which includes elements of physical theatre, dance and text.’
- ‘A show that blurs the lines between contemporary dance and physical theatre, it is delivered by Ponydance, a young and ambitious company who aims to perform a piece you'd love to see again.’
- ‘On the Fringe, Aurora Nova, at St Stephens, is in its third season of hosting a wide-ranging, self-contained festival of international physical theatre and dance.’
- ‘And to get learners even more creatively involved with the arts there are over 20 workshops spanning creative writing, music, journalism, drama, dance, mime and even physical theatre.’
- ‘She is also an actress, theatre director, movement teacher and choreographer and incorporates physical theatre and dance into her storytelling performances and workshops.’
- ‘Combining physical theatre with dance sequences and classic songs, this one man show from Brighton Theatre Events is not only hugely entertaining but also moving.’
- ‘She trained in mime and physical theatre, acted on stage and on TV, and ran theatres in Islington and St Catherine's Docks before seeing the job at Jacksons Lane advertised.’
- ‘Those practising the martial art forms, cinematic dance, physical theatre, yoga and even athletes or sports persons involved in rhythm-based items like gymnastics may take part in the audition.’
- ‘Born in Kettering and raised in London, Dharmesh trained at Hope St Theatre in Liverpool where physical theatre was high on the agenda.’
- ‘This production boasts an illustrious cast and incorporates physical theatre, song and dance.’
- ‘Adapted for the stage by blind writer Maria Oshodi, Resistence uses physical theatre, experimental dance and live audio description.’
- ‘Barebones is a show featuring contemporary dance and physical theatre, performed in the round, meaning the audience can get up close and personal with the dancers.’
- ‘Improvisational mime and innovative physical theatre tell the story of a dysfunctional family living outside the law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.