Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of geography dealing with natural features and processes.
- ‘It covers science, through physical geography and geology, and humanities, through economic and historical geography.’
- ‘Alexander von Humboldt of course made lasting contributions to the fields of physical geography and biogeography, adding to our knowledge of plants, animals, and the earth.’
- ‘Jain and Getis argued that Internet-based instruction in a physical geography course offered a viable alternative to traditional classroom teaching.’
- ‘More important for archaeologists in the field (the main employment area worldwide) is the apparent loss to most school children of geology and physical geography.’
- ‘The second of these texts deals with physical geography, while the third is a text on spherical astronomy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.