One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Instruction in physical exercise and games, especially in schools.
- ‘As I say, Maths and English we support being compulsory and physical education should be no different.’
- ‘At the same time budget cuts for physical education mean that pupils have less opportunities for exercise.’
- ‘After the Olympics he plans to go back to Sage Hill to teach physical education and art.’
- ‘It recognises their efforts to promote physical education and sporting excellence in the school and the wider community.’
- ‘They were integrated for subjects such as physical education and music.’
- ‘The physical education that the women had was very tough and grueling.’
- ‘Born in Canada, he grew up in New Mexico and majored, as he mentioned at his trial, in physical education.’
- ‘Teachers are under great loads in all areas of the curriculum, and I think physical education needs to move forward.’
- ‘He became a student of physical education and exercise science at California State University in Chico, near Los Angeles.’
- ‘A further important aspect of the school and national curriculum is physical education, sports and games.’
- ‘Now you might have heard a program we did on The Sports Factor towards the end of last year about children and physical education.’
- ‘Even physical education for merely normal students is being cut back, eliminated.’
- ‘In physical education, pupils had the chance to take part in 16 different sports and ended up winning regional and local trophies.’
- ‘So I suggest certain measures to make physical education more effective.’
- ‘I think one of the fatal mistakes that a number of States have made is actually to separate physical education from sport.’
- ‘The Yorkshire Post has now been campaigning for over two years to raise the profile of physical education in state school timetables.’
- ‘For her first 10 years on the job, Ruley coached basketball and taught physical education.’
- ‘One noted expert on physical education claims that high-school athletes have the backing of both parents and coaches for steroid use.’
- ‘Aine runs the after-school club at St Colman's PS where physical education is the name of the game.’
- ‘Her aim is to find a university to study physical education and teaching once she has taken her exams at the end of this year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.