Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The branch of chemistry concerned with the application of the techniques and theories of physics to the study of chemical systems.
- ‘He now worked on thermodynamics, publishing three papers on applications to physical chemistry and thermoelectricity.’
- ‘But then unlike most of his physical chemistry colleagues Zare is equally fascinated by analytical chemistry.’
- ‘She earned degrees in physical chemistry and chemical engineering from the University of Cape Town in South Africa.’
- ‘This branch of physical chemistry determines the equilibria of ionic reactions and their response to changes in external variables.’
- ‘Much of physical chemistry is based on theories and math.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.