One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the evolutionary development and diversification of a species or group of organisms, or of a particular feature of an organism.‘the phylogenetic relationship of mammalian species’
- ‘These channels play an important physiological role in living cells of diverse phylogenetic origin.’
- ‘Antibiotic peptides constitute a major component of the innate defense system shared by organisms from throughout the phylogenetic tree, including humans.’
- ‘We determined the phylogenetic position of this strain within the genus Wolbachia to ascertain its nearest relatives.’
- ‘More than 200 sexually transmitted pathogens have been reported in animals covering a wide phylogenetic range.’
- ‘Phylogenetic adaptation represents the production of superior replicator genes, whose phenotypes manifest in any or all of a variety of abilities.’
- ‘They represent the segmental architecture of our phylogenetic ancestors.’
- ‘The putative affiliative bond is argued to be part of the phylogenetic heritage of the men of our species.’
- ‘The research leads to a more recent common ancestor for humans than phylogenetic estimates that assume a relationship with chimpanzees.’
- ‘The conventional method for identifying a potential drug target in rRNA is phylogenetic analysis.’
- ‘His phylogenetic explanation of the origin of language stands in service of his empiricist effort to ground human knowledge.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.