One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the evolutionary development and diversification of a species or group of organisms, or of a particular feature of an organism.‘the phylogenetic relationship of mammalian species’
- ‘The research leads to a more recent common ancestor for humans than phylogenetic estimates that assume a relationship with chimpanzees.’
- ‘The putative affiliative bond is argued to be part of the phylogenetic heritage of the men of our species.’
- ‘Antibiotic peptides constitute a major component of the innate defense system shared by organisms from throughout the phylogenetic tree, including humans.’
- ‘These channels play an important physiological role in living cells of diverse phylogenetic origin.’
- ‘More than 200 sexually transmitted pathogens have been reported in animals covering a wide phylogenetic range.’
- ‘We determined the phylogenetic position of this strain within the genus Wolbachia to ascertain its nearest relatives.’
- ‘His phylogenetic explanation of the origin of language stands in service of his empiricist effort to ground human knowledge.’
- ‘Phylogenetic adaptation represents the production of superior replicator genes, whose phenotypes manifest in any or all of a variety of abilities.’
- ‘They represent the segmental architecture of our phylogenetic ancestors.’
- ‘The conventional method for identifying a potential drug target in rRNA is phylogenetic analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.