One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The arrangement of leaves on an axis or stem.
- ‘From this and related work it has become necessary to define a meristem by its phyllotaxy and other growth patterns and not the identity of organs it produces.’
- ‘Each current-year shoot of Q. crispula has one terminal bud, one to five terminally lateral buds and several lateral buds in the lower stem in alternate phyllotaxis.’
- ‘The courses of these bundles were presented both in transverse sections chosen at characteristic points (where changes in phyllotaxy and bifurcation of leaf trace bundles occurred) and in longitudinal diagrams.’
- ‘Poaceae species present a conserved distichous phyllotaxy (leaf position along the stem) and share common properties with respect to leaf initiation.’
- ‘There was a negative correlation between phyllotaxy and leaf primordium diameter: species with greater numbers of orthostichies or parastichies had smaller leaf primordia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.