One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I'm studying women's phrenological characteristics.’
- ‘These reports summarized the ethnic makeup of the United States, and included phrenological studies of different races.’
- ‘The phrenological examiner also had to take into account the development of the ‘intellectual’ faculties relative to those that governed the ‘animal’ functions.’
- ‘Other resources were in short supply as well: in 1887 the journal of the National Museum in Rio reported despondently on the difficulties of obtaining Indian skulls for phrenological research.’
- ‘True, his working environment is near-Victorian, with polished walnut desk, silver candelabra and a porcelain phrenological head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.