One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These reports summarized the ethnic makeup of the United States, and included phrenological studies of different races.’
- ‘Other resources were in short supply as well: in 1887 the journal of the National Museum in Rio reported despondently on the difficulties of obtaining Indian skulls for phrenological research.’
- ‘True, his working environment is near-Victorian, with polished walnut desk, silver candelabra and a porcelain phrenological head.’
- ‘I'm studying women's phrenological characteristics.’
- ‘The phrenological examiner also had to take into account the development of the ‘intellectual’ faculties relative to those that governed the ‘animal’ functions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.