One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These experiments provide evidence that periodic short-term exposure to wind can induce phototropic responses in the early stage of pine seedlings' development.’
- ‘At the end of the blue light treatment, wild-type hypocotyls showed curvatures of about 60°C and red-fluorescing chloroplasts in the phototropic arch (not shown).’
- ‘It has been known for more than a century that unilateral illumination induces phototropic bending in plants.’
- ‘Blue-light reception in plants leads to phototropic plant movement, chloroplast relocation, and opening of stomatal guard cells.’
- ‘Phototropins and homologs, recently renamed Phot proteins, comprise a class of blue-light receptors that are involved in phototropic plant movement, chloroplast relocation, and stomatal opening in guard cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.