One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involved in the process by which green plants and some other organisms use sunlight to synthesize nutrients from carbon dioxide and water.‘sunlight captured by photosynthetic organisms’‘the photosynthetic capacity of leaves’
- ‘They contain chlorophyll, the same photosynthetic pigment that terrestrial plants use.’
- ‘With different mutants, a correlation between the total amount of synthesized carotenoids and photosynthetic oxygen evolution was observed.’
- ‘In 1888, he showed that photosynthetic bacteria congregated in the near infrared region of the spectrum.’
- ‘He is the plant physiologist who leads the Photosynthetic Research Unit in Urbana, Illinois.’
- ‘Due to lamp limitations, most studies have been conducted at low photosynthetic photon flux levels.’
- ‘Some studies show that photosynthetic rate can somewhat adjust to a low leaf-to-fruit ratio.’
- ‘Availability of iron may be an important factor determining regulation and function of the photosynthetic and hence primary productivity.’
- ‘Only green plants are capable of this photosynthetic feat, converting the sun's energy into food.’
- ‘Genetic engineering offers further opportunities for more efficient fertilizer use by increasing the photosynthetic efficiency of plants.’
- ‘Action spectra for phototaxis in some filamentous cyanobacteria suggested that photosynthetic pigments were involved in the photoreception.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.