One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Alter (a photographic image) digitally using Photoshop image-editing software.‘the pictures have obviously been Photoshopped’
- ‘I'm pretty certain that this picture is photoshopped - the hands look a bit funny.’
- ‘Propose a daft scheme where I photoshop him into a camera-phone shot with her.’
- ‘I've attached a photoshopped image of my dress concept.’
- ‘They're the ones who released the photoshopped images that showed only the backgrounds of the photos in hopes that people could identify where they were taken (it worked).’
- ‘But I did put in some efforts to photoshop it, so although I failed miserably, I shall still post it up.’
- ‘You can buy the ceramic flowers, but the artist (Simone Van Bakel) admits the implantation is only a concept, and the images are photoshopped.’
- ‘Then suppose that within 12 hours it was established definitively that the pictures had been photoshopped.’
- ‘This picture was photoshopped by the guys at Nine and that is actually Mrs Mangle's mouth pasted on my hero's face.’
- ‘The pictures are genuine and NOT photoshopped.’
- ‘Interweb hipsters used this as a jumping-off point and photoshopped a series of images depicting the search for the lost Hopkin Green Frog, and the results are incredibly funny and even a little touching.’
- ‘Garth encouraged me to photoshop them so he was a disembodied head to ‘make it more interesting’.’
- ‘Would you rather I post up photos and do not admit that I photoshop them?’
- ‘I promised the pictures that Robb photoshopped.’
- ‘If I weren't so suspicious of photoshopped images, I'd probably be a little more excited here.’
- ‘To be fair, this picture may or may not be photoshopped.’
- ‘Lauren points out that this isn't a photoshopped image, it's an actual product: notice the NASCAR motif on the box.’
- ‘OxBlog's own original research showed that Amy photoshopped the names on to the pictures.’
- ‘This original image of a congressman touting freedom fries was photoshopped to convey something I hadn't heard before.’
- ‘So we were talking because I had promised to photoshop some pictures I took at a party in July.’
1990s: from Photoshop, the proprietary name of a software package for the digital editing of photographic images.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.