One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Having a chemical, electrical, or other response to light.‘photosensitive cells’‘photosensitive drugs’
- ‘When exposed to ultraviolet light, a photosensitive chemical in the liquid causes the material to harden and encapsulate the cells.’
- ‘Some polymers, such as most polyimides and polycarbonates, are not photosensitive and are typically processed using photoresist patterning and reactive ion etching.’
- ‘One is a photosensitive cathode which emits electrons when exposed to light and the other is an anode which is maintained at a positive voltage with respect to the cathode.’
- ‘However, if only the ligand is photosensitive, then light can only influence the metal-ligand binding indirectly.’
- ‘The majority of photosensitive molecules have a heterocyclic ring structure similar to that of chlorophyll or hemoglobin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.