One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A response of a plant or other organism to light, mediated otherwise than through photosynthesis.
- ‘The larval photoresponse is thus dependent on the larval photoreceptors.’
- ‘In recent years, signal transduction pathways controlling photoresponses in plants has been demonstrated.’
- ‘The action spectrum for the overall photoresponse of plants, however, extends below 400 nm and beyond 700 nm, and there is a significant minimum in the green region.’
- ‘According to the hypothesis, a photoresponse such as flowering is set in motion when daylight overlaps with a part of the cycle at which the concentration of the molecule exceeds a certain threshold value.’
- ‘Their photoresponse was enhanced remarkably, and they possessed higher photodynamic activity than the other derivatives.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.