A response of a plant or other organism to light, mediated otherwise than through photosynthesis.
- ‘In recent years, signal transduction pathways controlling photoresponses in plants has been demonstrated.’
- ‘The action spectrum for the overall photoresponse of plants, however, extends below 400 nm and beyond 700 nm, and there is a significant minimum in the green region.’
- ‘According to the hypothesis, a photoresponse such as flowering is set in motion when daylight overlaps with a part of the cycle at which the concentration of the molecule exceeds a certain threshold value.’
- ‘The larval photoresponse is thus dependent on the larval photoreceptors.’
- ‘Their photoresponse was enhanced remarkably, and they possessed higher photodynamic activity than the other derivatives.’