Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A respiratory process in many higher plants by which they take up oxygen in the light and give out some carbon dioxide, contrary to the general pattern of photosynthesis.
- ‘Oxygen can also be reduced in the processes of photorespiration.’
- ‘It is therefore likely that photorespiration of herbaceous leaves is driven by a large carbon pool.’
- ‘Plants also produce significant amounts of ammonium endogenously from processes such as photorespiration, phenylpropanoid biosynthesis, and amino acid catabolism.’
- ‘It was suggested above that one proton was released in the chloroplast stroma for every three oxygen molecules fixed during photorespiration.’
- ‘Chloroplasts and mitochondria communicate through metabolites, exemplified by photorespiration and energy metabolism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.