One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Military reconnaissance carried out by means of aerial photography.
- ‘On the same day as the Israeli photoreconnaissance, signals intelligence intercepted an order from the Egyptian high command to break the Ramadan fast, a sure sign that something extraordinary was about to occur.’
- ‘During World War II, optical photoreconnaissance was the answer to finding and destroying military targets through optical images and bombsights - changing the way modern wars are fought and, thus, the course of history.’
- ‘However, during the air assault, many commanders learned that these teams and photoreconnaissance could only provide a partial picture of the enemy situation.’
- ‘The declassified record shows a major emphasis on planning for timely photoreconnaissance to corroborate human intelligence reports.’
- ‘The Fanhui Shi Weixing recoverable satellites were originally developed for photoreconnaissance but now are also used for remote sensing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.