One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Higher plants have evolved a complex photoreceptive system involving distinct families of photoreceptors to perceive light signals.’
- ‘Visual pigments are photoreceptive molecules that occur in rod and cone photoreceptor cells in the retina and characterize the vision of an animal.’
- ‘Comparison of their photoreceptive cells with those of the chordates corroborated such a phylogenetic position.’
- ‘The second mutant phenotype is a slower rate of photoreceptive disk membrane renewal in the outer segments, caused by perturbed phagocytosis of disk membranes.’
- ‘For instance, the photoreceptive cells, which house the visual pigments, are bigger in lungfish than for any other vertebrate, probably making them more sensitive to light.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.