One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘For instance, the photoreceptive cells, which house the visual pigments, are bigger in lungfish than for any other vertebrate, probably making them more sensitive to light.’
- ‘Visual pigments are photoreceptive molecules that occur in rod and cone photoreceptor cells in the retina and characterize the vision of an animal.’
- ‘The second mutant phenotype is a slower rate of photoreceptive disk membrane renewal in the outer segments, caused by perturbed phagocytosis of disk membranes.’
- ‘Comparison of their photoreceptive cells with those of the chordates corroborated such a phylogenetic position.’
- ‘Higher plants have evolved a complex photoreceptive system involving distinct families of photoreceptors to perceive light signals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.