One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
noun & adjective
- ‘At first glance, Dione appears to be a photorealist, for his large portraits are based upon well-known pictures and rendered in strikingly precise detail.’
- ‘Known for his portraits of movie theaters across small town America, Davis Cone, a photorealist painter, has made a tribute to a New York City icon.’
- ‘As a technical tour de force, the work is stunning, but its close relationship to photorealist sculpture is somewhat apart from the main thrust of Romero's work.’
- ‘Even a small photorealist oil painting of a beefy Brian Wilson with the singer's name attached in a glued-on label seems to be the product of a deeply devoted craft.’
- ‘Chuck Close took portraiture to another level in the 1960s with his photorealist renderings of colleagues and friends.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.