Relating to or denoting vision in daylight or other bright light, believed to involve chiefly the cones of the retina.Often contrasted with scotopic
- ‘Figures 1 and 2 show scotopic and photopic amplitude values for all ERG parameters measured for each dog.’
- ‘The objects being searched are relatively large, highcontrast lines that are viewed under photopic conditions.’
- ‘Mean photopic b-wave amplitudes were significantly reduced in cases compared with controls, as were mean oscillatory potential amplitudes and latencies.’
- ‘The photopic curve is for normal vision, and the scotopic curve is for eyes that are adjusted to the dark.’
- ‘First, the .5 log unit ND reduction of luminance may have been excessive for a photopic task.’
Early 20th century: from photo- ‘light’+ -opia + -ic.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.