One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The response of an organism to seasonal changes in day length.
- ‘Colored mulch research can be traced to historic USDA studies dating back to 1918 that led to the discovery of photoperiodism.’
- ‘The three men formed an informal team to find the substance that controls photoperiodism.’
- ‘Sensitivity to the timing of light and darkness, termed photoperiodism, involves the integration of temporal information, provided by the circadian oscillator, with light/dark discrimination provided by specific photoreceptors.’
- ‘Cryptochromes are pigmented photoreceptors that are involved in blue-light mediated photomorphogenesis and photoperiodism in plants.’
- ‘When it comes to flowering, photoperiodism is by no means the only game in town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.