One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Some songbirds modify their sensitivity to the usual photoperiodic cues that control breeding onset, such that photoperiod response thresholds differ between populations at different latitudes.’
- ‘Leaves communicate photoperiodic signals to meristems, stolons and buds in flowering, tuberization and dormancy.’
- ‘It was assumed that factors that are under photoperiodic control would show a clinal order among the ecotypes.’
- ‘Within species that show latitudinal variation in both thermal and photoperiodic response, that of photoperiodic response tracks the climatic gradient more closely.’
- ‘To expose gametophytes to particular photoperiodic conditions, the bagged Petri plates were placed in a light-tight box over which was installed the fluorescent source.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.