One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The period of time each day during which an organism receives illumination; day length.
- ‘The greenhouse was heated all winter and supplemental lighting extended the photoperiod to prevent dormancy.’
- ‘Measurements and sampling were done in the middle of the photoperiod at all sampling times.’
- ‘Canola seedlings were grown in chambers at 23°C, 50% humidity, under 16/8 h day/night photoperiods.’
- ‘Applying balancing pressure did not affect the growth of N-deprived plants except during the photoperiod of day 3 and the dark period of day 4.’
- ‘For enzymatic activities and sugar determinations, samples were collected at the middle of the photoperiod.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.