Oxidation caused by the action of light.
- ‘Under the microscope, prolonged exposure to light led to photo-oxidation of the few vesicles in the field of view.’
- ‘This irradiance allowed growth without photoinhibition or photo-oxidation and this is important for effective comparisons of antioxidant activities.’
- ‘Near the transition temperature, photo-oxidation likely introduces additional errors.’
- ‘One of the commonest processes for this is the reaction of oxygen, or oxygen containing species, with the dye energised by light, or photo-oxidation.’
- ‘There are several possible mechanisms of photochemical bleaching, of which the commonest is probably photo-oxidation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.