Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Oxidation caused by the action of light.
- ‘Near the transition temperature, photo-oxidation likely introduces additional errors.’
- ‘Under the microscope, prolonged exposure to light led to photo-oxidation of the few vesicles in the field of view.’
- ‘This irradiance allowed growth without photoinhibition or photo-oxidation and this is important for effective comparisons of antioxidant activities.’
- ‘One of the commonest processes for this is the reaction of oxygen, or oxygen containing species, with the dye energised by light, or photo-oxidation.’
- ‘There are several possible mechanisms of photochemical bleaching, of which the commonest is probably photo-oxidation.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.