A photograph of a microscopic object, taken with the aid of a microscope.
- ‘Throughout his career, Julie was an innovator, contributing to improvements in photomicrographs and the microscopes, cameras, and film that produced them.’
- ‘I use a photographic filtered lamp assembly with a trinocular microscope for photomicrographs of specimens.’
- ‘The increased use of color has enhanced many of the gross and microscopic photomicrographs, in particular the immunohistochemical stains.’
- ‘An extensive number of photographs go with each gross description, followed by mostly color photomicrographs and often electron photomicrographs as well.’
- ‘Quite simply the author has, wherever applicable, gone to the effort of creating lucid diagrams in concert with detailed histologic and electron microscopic photomicrographs to illustrate key concepts.’